[imp] using hook to generate email address from uid in LDAP nis schema?

Alain Fauconnet alain at ait.ac.th
Mon Oct 24 17:29:00 PDT 2005

Hello Kevin,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:33:35PM -0400, Kevin M. Myer wrote:
> Quoting Alain Fauconnet <alain at ait.ac.th>:
>

> >>  Are the "famous NIS transition scripts
> >> and nis.schema" mentioned the PADL MigrationTools or something else?
> >
> > They are.
>
> If you set $EXTENDED_SCHEMA in migrate_common.ph (I think thats the
> right file and variable), you should pick up more objectclasses for
> your people, including ones that have mail attributes.  You'll also
> probably pick up some you don't want, unless your running kerberos..

And that turned out to be the right approach. I had to comment out 3
lines in migrate_common.ph to avoid getting the Kerberos stuff, but
otherwise that did generate the right LDIF (something I had failed to
reach by hand) with the right object classes and attributes to fit
nicely into Turba's LDAP client (and others, probably). Much cleaner
than what I was about to engage into (hooks or patching!).

Thanks for turning me to the right direction.

Greets,
_Alain_