[imp] Kolab2 and IMP

Martin Breuer gwprojekt at gmx.de
Thu Oct 27 09:11:30 PDT 2005

I had a short mail conversation with the kolab mailinglist but they
couldn't help me, so now i try it here.

Question:

    We run two servers, one with Horde and one with Kolab2.
    If we send our mails with an email client like thunderbird, we have
    no problems.
    But if we use IMP (Horde), we receive errors and the following entry
    in the postfix log file:

    192.168.1.241 is our Horde webserver

       <info> postfix/smtpd[16566]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
       unknown[192.168.1.241]: 554 <tglaeser at netzeteam.de>: Sender address
       rejected: Invalid sender; from=<tglaeser at netzeteam.de>
       to=<tglaeser at netzeteam.de> proto=ESMTP helo=<localhost>

    There must be another way than the setup of privileged networks the
    get IMP working.
    Does someone have a solution or a idea?

Answer (short version):

    Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:

>     Martin Breuer ha scritto:
>
>>     There must be another way than the setup of privileged networks
>>     the get IMP working.
>>     Does someone have a solution or a idea?
>
>     Still not tryied as solutions but try:
>     http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php
>
>             4.2.13 Can IMP be used with SMTP authentication?
>
>     *[IMP 3.x]:* Horde and IMP can support SMTP authentication, but
>     only if the SMTP server take the same authentication credentials
>     as the POP/IMAP server (which would generally be the case). Simply
>     edit /horde/config/horde.php as per the comments in that file, e.g.
>
>     $conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;

    Well I tried every configuration of Horde but i receive "unable to
    authenticate to smtp server" or (without authentication) "unable to
    add recipient [me at domain.tld]: Invalid response code received from
    server".
    How can I check if the Kolab SMTP take the same authentication
    credentials as the IMAP Server?

No answers to this question. Some ideas?

Martin