[imp] Incorrect HORDE_BASE

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Nov 14 18:02:07 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 20:19 -0500, Stephen A. Cochran Lists wrote:
> On our production server, I have the following alias in my apache
> conf file:
>
> DocumentRoot	/var/www/html/mail/horde/imp
> Alias	/horde	/var/www/html/mail/horde/
>
> I wanted to set up a second instance of Horde/IMP on the same machine
> to test the new version, and added the following:
>
> Alias	/beta	/var/www/html/mail-beta/horde/
>
> The "horde" in the beta URL was causing all requests for the beta
> version to be redirected to the production version so I moved the
> beta version,  changed the apache conf, and restarted apache.
>
> mv /var/www/html/mail-beta/horde /var/www/html/mail/beta
> Alias	/beta /var/www/html/mail/beta/
>
> Now requests for beta do go to the new version of horde/imp, but I'm
> getting the following php errors:
>
> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/mail-beta/
> horde/lib/Test.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/
> html/mail-beta/horde/index.php on line 21
>
> HORDE_BASE is being set to dirname(__FILE__) in index.php, but for
> some reason is still holding on to the old location. I wrote a quick
> test script to echo out __FILE__ and dirname(__FILE__) from the beta
> folder and it outputs the correct information. But somehow HORDE_BASE
> is still getting the old path information, even through apache and a
> server restart. Ideas?
----
I am no expert at apache but I do something similar in a very different
way.

# grep DocumentRoot /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

also added to end of httpd.conf

<Directory "/var/www/html/horde">
SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/www/html/files">
SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

RedirectPermanent /mail/ https://www.example.com/horde/imp

(obviously - change example.com to the name of your web server and you
should be good to go)

change https to http if you don't require ssl and of course, ignore the
<Directory SSLRequireSSL ... directives too

Craig

believed to be clean.