[imp] Hidden folders

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Nov 16 12:47:30 PST 2005

Quoting Yoseff Francus <francus at yossi.com>:

> I can create a folder .xyz which is not visible to a normal ls, and in
> pine is not listed in the Folder listing. However, in pine I can get to
> the folder by using the Goto command and then typing in .xyz
>
> Any way to get to this folder in imp?

if you are using pine and mbox-format mailboxes, then pine is directly
accessing your directory structure.  IMP uses IMAP to communicate with
the mail server.  Therefore, if IMAP is not reporting the existence of
the folder, IMP can't do a thing about it (you most likely need to tell
your IMAP server, if possible, to display hidden folders).

michael