[imp] Imapd login stopped working

Arthur Chong arthur.chong at investools.com
Thu Nov 17 07:18:25 PST 2005

Dan,

----------------------------------------------------------Question------
-----------------------------
I have been running Imp on my mail server for several months now without
a problem. Over the weekend I had a mail system meltdown that had mail
offline for a couple hours. I was able to get sendmail working properly
again, but Imp no longer accepts logins.

In the horde.log file I see entries such as :
    Nov 16 09:24:16 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 216.237.45.227 to

    localhost:993[imap/ssl/novalidate-cert] as dan [on line 287 of
    "/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

I made no changes to any Horde config files when fixing the sendmail
meltdown. FWIW, sendmail and IMAP are both working fine.

When doing some research on this problem I found a page suggesting that
restarting the web server sometimes resolves this problem. It didn't
make a difference for me.

Any suggestions?

Wonder if the openssl certificate that imp was reading has maybe expired
?

Has any permissions in the mail dirs changed ?

Have you tried troubleshooting the horde framework first ?

-Arthur Chong