[imp] Odd problem logging in to imap server

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 18 07:00:03 PST 2005

We provide an imp service for multiple imap servers. The other night, one of
the providers of one IMAP server had an issue with their firewall (that's
all I can get out of them) and since that time, we've been plagued with
issues for certain users on accessing their imap accounts on that server.

Every other imap server logs in just fine, some users have no problems with
this one specific server, however, some users, simply can not login. On
Safari, it reports lost network connection, in firefox, it does nothing.

The odd thing is, if we use a different IMP setup connecting to the same
IMAP server (but located behind different firewalls on a different host),
that works fine.

Suggestions? Ideas? I emptied the session table in mysql, deleted all of the
temp files I could find.

Thanks.

Tom