[imp] imp+horde pop3 sent mail folder

lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Sun Nov 27 04:36:27 PST 2005

Zitat von adriano ghezzi <adriano.ghezzi at gmail.com>:

> hy all,
> I red hundreds of posts and faq without understanding if is possible
> to create sent-mail folder using pop3,
> I already have imp up and running ok with imap, this time i need to
> use pop3, I looked for all options as for imap but there's no
> sent-mail folder anywhere.
>
> did someone have imp+horde+pop3 with sent mail folder, no matter of
> other folders just sent mail, it seems to me reasonably.
> thanks for any help.

POP3 is a simple protocol to *fetch* mails from a single account
folder. It has no possibility to use folders or even store mail back in
the account.
The only workaround is to always bcc yourself *and* have a serverside
filtering to sort in the bcc's to some sent folder.
But it would be much easier to use IMAP instead try to reinvent IMAP
using POP3 and some workarounds.

Regards

Andreas