[imp] Direct access to message

canobi@irantthereforeiam.com canobi at irantthereforeiam.com
Wed Nov 30 00:30:39 PST 2005

On Saturday 26 November 2005 07:08, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> > Not currently. I don't think it makes much sense to support
> > using the straight index since those are too variable, but
> > it'd be good to be able to link directly to a UID. I don't
> > think we have the support for that just yet, because of the
> > way we build mailbox information. But it'd be good to
> > support the UID way.
>
> Actually, you should be able to do the following:
> https://servername/horde/imp/message.php?index=XXX&mailbox=XXX

  For some reason, this doesn't seem to work for me. I mostly
(but not always!) end up with a "Requested message not found".
Come to think of it, of the two accounts I'm using, one is
always returning the above error, and the other is working OK
and displaying the desired message. The account that isn't
working always has messages indexed above 100 (as seen in the
link when I click on them in imp), which is not what I get for
index when I fetch messages through my, horde-independent, code.
I suppose there is a setting or something similar that causes
that increment in message index, I'll look into it but if you
know the reason causing it I'd appreciate an explanation (it
would save me some time :-). Also, Chuck's UID suggestion seems
just the straightforward way I need, so I'll have to look into
that too :-)
  Also, while testing, I always manage to get an "[ALERT] Fatal
error: Invalid index" when accessing an empty folder (through
mailbox.php). I've googled around this list and searched through
bugs archive but all I could find was reports and no resolutions
or useful replies. Anyone has any idea what's causing and how to
fix that error?