[imp] Why does imp convert attachments?

Andreas Geesen ag at netside.de
Wed Nov 30 03:06:34 PST 2005

Hi,

i seem to have severe problems with forwarding messages. My last problem
is on bugs.horde now, but there's another bug(?).

I receive a message with an attached file. That file has got following
headers:

Everything is ok with that file right now, but after forwarding this
mail (to myself on horde/imp) the file has following headers
and the text file i download is different from the original file.

They differ in newline sequences. While the original file had '0x0d
0x0a' the forwarded file has '0x0d 0x0d 0x0a' and with every time i
forward the forwarded mail further '0x0d' seem to be inserted.

On the other hand if i try another mail and let it have the following
headers

nothing gets changed on forwarding and the attachment keeps sane.

In my opinion the handling of text-files in IMP is seriously ill or my
setup has a major fault which i havent found yet.

I hope someone has a clue to this.

Best regards
    Andreas