[imp] IMP can't open message

Alex Ng ngstylez at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:48:07 PST 2005

Thank you Michael.  Yes, you are correct.  Something about the way the
message was attached/composed caused IMP to download the attachment into the
server's memory.

I created a new message with the same attachment and sent it.  I then
checked it in IMP and it produced the message promptly.  I do not know
exactly what is wrong with the original message and will continue to test
it.

It is interesting, however that I tested the same message in SquirrelMail
and it handled it BOTH the original message (with possible incorrect
structure) and the newly attached message correctly (no delays in viewing on
either message).

Perhaps there is some extra structure checking in IMP that is not checked in
SquirrelMail.  I will let you know if I find a culprit.

Thank you again for your insight and assistance.

-Alex