[imp] Can't upload attachments

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Mon Dec 12 07:12:05 PST 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 19:40, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>Quoting "Daniel A. Ramaley" <daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU>:
>> Hello. I am running Horde 3.0.7 with Imp 4.0.4 on a Linux server
>> with Apache 2.0.52 and PHP 4.3.9. I can send messages just fine,
>> except if i try to include an attachment. To attach a file, i scroll
>> to the bottom of the compose page, hit "Browse...", select a file
>> from the open dialog, then hit "Attach" back in the compose page.
>> With Firefox (on either Windows or Linux), hitting Attach does
>> nothing. With Internet Explorer on Windows when i hit Attach, the
>> status bar displays "Error on page." (but doesn't say what the error
>> is). Any ideas? I'm not using a proxy that modifies content, and
>> javascript is enabled in the browsers that i've tested.
>>
>> In my php.ini the following relevant values are set:
>>     file_uploads = On
>>     upload_tmp_dir = /var/tmp
>>     upload_max_filesize = 5M
>>     post_max_size = 8M
>> The file i'm attempting to upload is about 300kB, so it shouldn't be
>> even close to hitting the limits. Based on Internet Explorer's
>> message, i'm guessing it is a javascript problem. Are there any
>> known javascript errors with file uploads?
>
>is PHP's memory_limit setting off?

Thanks for responding! I posted a slightly less-detailed message to the
Horde list a few days earlier but no one had any ideas. I really
appreciate any help you can provide.

In php.ini this is set:
    memory_limit = 32M
As a test, just now i set "memory_limit = -1" and then tried a phpinfo()
to make sure the setting took effect. I then logged into Horde, and
within Imp tried to add an attachment. Same problem as before, nothing
happens when i hit "Attach"; the browser doesn't appear to make an
attempt to upload the file. If it were to upload the file, the upload
would be fast; the files i'm testing will are less than .5 MB, and my
connection to the server is 100 Mb ethernet.

Any other ideas on what i should check?