[imp] my experience

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Dec 22 18:03:35 PST 2005

Quoting "Jose R. Roca" <joseroca at gmail.com>:

> Kevin, what is your current setup? What is your average concurrent users
> like? I ask because I didn't see the problem until I had a high concurrency
> which basically brought the database down... Right now I have the same
> concurrency and no problems with the database, the only thing missing is
> Nag.
>
> I also tried using different versions of mysql and with different storing
> engines and nothing really worked for me.
>
> --
> Jose.

Interesting - I may not have seen the issue because I may not have had
a high enough count of concurrent users.  Two sites with the highest
amounts would be between 50 and 100 concurrent users.  Config is
run-of-the-mill webservers (Dell PE 2650's) and MySQL 4.1 on a PE 6650
(that handles dozens of other databases, but not terribly loaded - most
tables of the databases are MyISAM) and replicated to identical
hardware.  However, I had been running some of the sites off an old
MySQL 3.23.58 server on a PE 2650, until of late, with no ill-effect.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator