[imp] Reading PGP/MIME messages

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Sun Jan 8 22:48:23 PST 2006

Quoting Barry Porter <barry at bpuk.net>:

> On 05/01/2006 17:53, Jan Schneider wrote:
>
>>> When reading a PGP/MIME message, the signed or encrypted MIME message
>>> part is never displayed, only offered as a download. This sort of
>>> defeats the object a bit, as far as I can see IMP only sends PGP/MIME
>>> messages, so I need to carry keyrings and gpg around with me to be able
>>> to read any of the messages I have written.
>>>
>>> What have I done wrong in my setup that I get this issue please?
>>
>> Maybe you didn't enable PGP support?
>
> I did. I can successfully sign, encrypt, and sign/encrypt when sending
> mail, and I get validation of inline signed and signed/encrypted emails
> appearing correctly within IMP, it's only PGP/MIME that causes an issue.

Your last sentence doesn't make any sense.  if "validation of inline
signed and signed/encrypted emails" is working, those *are* PGP/MIME
emails so obviously pgp support is working on your system at least
somewhat.  You may want to compare your config/mime_drivers.php file
with the default and make sure you haven't changed anything in there
you shouldn't have.

michael