[imp] Cyrus issues with IMP

Harakiri harakiri_23 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 06:23:06 PST 2006

I have :

imp-h3-4.0.4.tar.gz
horde-3.0.7.tar.gz
RedHat 4.2

along with cyrus/postfix installed.

I used the default Cyrus Example in my servers.php
configuration :

servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'Cyrus IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
    'maildomain' => '',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'admin' => array(
        'params' => array(
            'login' => 'cyrus',
            'password' => 'cyrus_pass',
            // The 'userhierarchy' parameter defaults
to 'user.'
            // If you are using a nonstandard
hierarchy for personal
            // mailboxes, you will need to set it
here.
            'userhierarchy' => 'user.',
            // Although these defaults are normally
all that is required,
            // you can modify the following parameters
from their default
            // values.
            'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
            'hostspec' => 'localhost',
            'port' => 143
        )
    ),
    'quota' => array(
        'driver' => 'cyrus',
        'params' => array(
            'login' => 'cyrus',
            'password' => 'cyrus_pass',
            // The 'userhierarchy' parameter defaults
to 'user.'
            // If you are using a nonstandard
hierarchy for personal
            // mailboxes, you will need to set it
here.
            'userhierarchy' => 'user.',
            // Although these defaults are normally
all that is required,
            // you can modify the following parameters
from their default
            // values.
            'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
            'hostspec' => 'localhost',
            'port' => 143
        )
    ),
    'acl' => array(
        'driver' => 'rfc2086',
    ),
    'dotfiles' => false,
    'hierarchies' => array());

(1) -----

The following problem occurs for drafts and sent
copies :

Saving the draft failed. This is what the server said:
OK

The folder "sent-mail" was successfully created.
Message sent successfully, but not saved to sent-mail

HOWEVER :

the mails are indeed in drafts and sent folder - when
i save a draft i get the error but its still saved to
drafts - along with a second message viewed as :

 	2 	Unknown Date 	Invalid Address 	[No Subject]

same applies to the sent copy....

I tried different folders for Sent and Drafts - thats
not the issue - always result in the same problem :

An error is reported where no error exists (ERROR :
OK! doesnt seem like an error to me) - and a 2nd
message with empty headers is saved

(2) -----

I wish that users automatically see the content of the
INBOX Folder when they first login - i did not change
any default behaviour of IMP for that i thought -

// the page to display. Either a filename like
'folders.php'
// or a mailbox name.
$_prefs['initial_page'] = array(
    'value' => 'INBOX',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit');

would show me the INBOX - but it does not.

(3) -----

Creating Folders is an issue - i always have to Prefix
'INBOX.' when creating a folder i.e. i enter
'INBOX.TEST' in the popup to create a folder - if not
i get the 'invalid mailbox' error

I tested this also with the latest RC :

imp-h3-4.1-rc1.tar.gz
horde-3.1-rc1.tar.gz

same issue for problem (1) and (2) with the above
errors furthermore i get a white page after trying to
sent a message - however (3) works i can now enter
'Test' and 'Test' gets created -  in the root dir -
however - creating now a INBOX.TEST still works but i
see TWO inbox folders one with a subdir 'TEST' and one
empty inbox folder

BTW : I had alot of trouble getting pref HOOKS to work
- hooks will only be executed when you set a
preference backend - this is default set to none - the
default should be session - because i for example do
not wish to store any user information and did not
configure a backend for this reason - but only using
session - hooks will at least work