[imp] login with possibility to access horde configuration and without double login for imp

Reinhart Viane rv at domos.be
Thu Jan 12 02:37:03 PST 2006

Hey all,

I succesfully managed to set op HORDE 3.0.9 with IMP 4.0.4
I have set the IMP login as the main authentication.
In order to log in I need to fill in my emailadres and my email accounts
password, what looks ok to me
Unfortunately I can't seem to find a way that, after I logged in , I see the
horde administration menu item in the left menu so I'm able to do some
changes.

I tried this already:
Use imp as login element and specify a my emailuser as the root user of
horde
--> logs me in in the imp mail to but I don't see the horde administration
menu item

Use sql as login method, in which I specified a user with the same username
and password as my email account.
--> I'm able to login to horde, then when I select email it asks my username
and password again.

Is there a way to make the following possible:
Users log in through imp (with there email address and email password) and
they only see the mail menu item, when I log in with this method I also see
the horde administration item.

Or another way but with the same result:

Users log in through horde (mysql auth) and this username and password is
the same as there IMAP username and password so they are also automatically
logged in when they hit the email link.
Off course when I log in the administration link must be available

Hope you understand what I need. I already tried various methods and looked
into the mailing list but none of the solutions do exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Reinhart Viane