[imp] Hiding "Received: from" in headers

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jan 19 00:28:34 PST 2006

On 18.01 17:52, Ollie Maitland wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Sorry I made a little typo on the last email, it
> should have been "However I (have a client)..."!!
>
> I have no doubt that the way Horde is doing it is correct! I have had a
> look through the archives but i was wondering if there was a config
> option, which there doesn't seem to be...

afaik there's no such option - You'll have to modify the code.
But I would advise you to search for fixed version of your client that has
problems with those headers - It's probably your client thast's broken and
should be fixed. I think you can receive e-mail from other people using IMP
:)

> >>Is is possible to prevent Horde resolving the client IP and origin and
> >>adding it to the header Received tag.
> >>
> >>At the moment there is (as I would expect) a line reading:

> >>        (host-123-123-0-123.bulldogdsl.com [123-123-0-123]) by
> >>email.byng-systems.com
> >>
> >>        (Horde MIME library) with HTTP; Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:34:29 +0000
> >>
> >>However I (a client) would like to not have that in the headers. Is it
> >>possible to prevent this through a configuration option or should I
> >>modify the code?

(R)etry, (A)bort, (C)ancer