[imp] More information about the Undisclosed Recipient

Liz Rea lrea at nekls.org
Mon Jan 23 10:27:42 PST 2006

After much thrashing with my user, I've discovered the following.
Here is her process for addressing one of the faulty messages:

-Clicks Compose a message in Imp
-gets address from the "address book" button, adds it to recipient list
-closes the address book window
-remembers that she needs to send the message to an additional
recipient, clicks address book button again.
-adds another recipient
-closes the address book window
-types message, clicks send
-Message is in Sent items with nothing in the To: field, recipient is
listed as "undisclosed recipient"
-Message is NOT received by intended recipients
-Message is sent to Horde administrator (me)
-No error message is generated for original user that message was not
sent.

I am not a PHP wizard. Any of you out there care to look into this
behavior? It seems like a bug between Turba and Imp...

I know i'm not on the most recent version and "upgrade your software"
is a valid response to this question (though I'd appreciate it if
someone could explain this behavior to me so I can tell my user that
it's just a case of faulty software and that we'll fix it bla bla
bla). Plus I'm curious. :P

On another note, is there a concise guide to updating horde for minor
revisions similar to the Wordpress guide found at http://
codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress? All I really need to know is
which files to keep and which to blow away and the UPGRADE file seems
to be for major revisions. Did I just miss it?

Liz Rea
Northeast Kansas Library System