[imp] More information about the Undisclosed Recipient

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 23 10:37:55 PST 2006

Zitat von Liz Rea <lrea at nekls.org>:

> After much thrashing with my user, I've discovered the following.
> Here is her process for addressing one of the faulty messages:
>
> -Clicks Compose a message in Imp
> -gets address from the "address book" button, adds it to recipient list
> -closes the address book window
> -remembers that she needs to send the message to an additional
> recipient, clicks address book button again.
> -adds another recipient
> -closes the address book window
> -types message, clicks send
> -Message is in Sent items with nothing in the To: field, recipient is
> listed as "undisclosed recipient"
> -Message is NOT received by intended recipients
> -Message is sent to Horde administrator (me)
> -No error message is generated for original user that message was not
> sent.
>
> I am not a PHP wizard. Any of you out there care to look into this
> behavior? It seems like a bug between Turba and Imp...

Raise the log level and see which recipients are logged.

> I know i'm not on the most recent version and "upgrade your software"
> is a valid response to this question (though I'd appreciate it if
> someone could explain this behavior to me so I can tell my user that
> it's just a case of faulty software and that we'll fix it bla bla
> bla). Plus I'm curious. :P

There was an issue if selecting multiple distribution lists (groups)
from the address book popup, which has been fixed. Maybe you're
hitting that one.

> On another note, is there a concise guide to updating horde for minor
> revisions similar to the Wordpress guide found at http://
> codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress? All I really need to know is
> which files to keep and which to blow away and the UPGRADE file seems
> to be for major revisions. Did I just miss it?

This has been explained a few times on the mailing list. Check the archives.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/