[imp] UW-IMAP folder issues

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 23 19:06:12 PST 2006

I'm running FRAMEWORK_3 versions of Horde and IMP, with UW-IMAP server
backend for IMP.

Everything is fine, except in the folder listings for users I see two
undesirable folders called "#news" and "~".

I know #news is a normal, default shared folder for UW-IMAP, but I'm not
sure why it is there or how to remove it.  Yes, I know it is probably a
misconfigured UW-IMAP server issue, but how is it misconfigured?

I know ~ normally would mean the user's home directory, but again, why
is it showing up, and how could it be removed?

Hopefully some UW-IMAP expert out there can help me remove these two entries
from the folders listings.  If so, we should commit the info to the wiki...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!