[imp] Confirmation

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Jan 25 12:44:20 PST 2006

Quoting Renata Gazzi <ragazzi at unitau.br>:

> How can I really enable the options "request delivery confirmation"
> and "request
> ready receipt" at the compose window? I checked them out, but I've
> never receive
> any confirmation....

Then the remote MTA/MUA does not support it.  delivery confirmation is
something correctly done on the SMTP level, which we don't have access
to (this option has been removed in IMP 4.1).  Requesting receipts via
the header is pretty much not supported by any major mail server these
days.

read receipts need to be handled by the remote MUA.  if the MUA
doesn't support it, you won't receive anything (IMP has MDN - message
disposition notification - support btw).

michael