[imp] chroot environment

Bachman Kharazmi bahkha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 14:26:06 PST 2006

On 29/01/06, Bachman Kharazmi <bahkha at gmail.com> wrote:
> First, thanks alot. your instructions made it...
>
> seem like I've problems with my /var/www/horde/imp/config/servers.php.
> When the server lines look like:
> 'server' => 'oden.lindesign.se',
> 'maildomain' => 'oden.lindesign.se',
> 'smtphost' => 'oden.lindesign.se',
>
> All login attempts fail.
> But if I replace all the domainnames with IPs everything seem to work
> out of the box.
I think it's because in chroot env the system cannot lookup the
domainname and there for the test page (horde/imp/test.php) returns
array(1) {
  [0]=>
  string(33) "No such host as oden.lindesign.se"
}

Are there any solutions for this, like copy the host binary to the
jailed env where it can be accessed?
/Bachman