[imp] Can't login if the INBOX is large

danci@agenda.si danci at agenda.si
Tue Jan 31 01:19:41 PST 2006

Hi!

I have Horde 2.2.3 and IMP 3.2.2, using imap-2002d package. Users have
complains about not being able to login - I traced it down to the fact,
that this happens if their INBOX is large.

I also see the same problem on a different server with slightly older
Horde/IMP.

Here is what I get in 'horde.log':

jan 31 09:58:51 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for theuser at thedomain.com [my.ip] to {localhost:143} [on line 92 of "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/imp/redirect.php"]
jan 31 10:01:17 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 1my.ip to localhost:143[imap/novalidate-cert] as theuser [on line 281 of "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

If I delete most of the users mail so just a couple of MB remain, he can
login without any problem.

I think it has to do mostly with 'imap-2002d' not being very good with
large mailboxes, but I need to resolve this without changing the system
too much.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

 Thanks, Danilo