[imp] virtual domains

Lucien GENTIS lucien.gentis at lorraine.iufm.fr
Tue Jan 31 08:46:17 PST 2006

ccx a écrit :

>I'm having problems with Imp and virtual domains.
>I'm using imap on localhost (qmail, vpopmail, courier-imap) for horde auth.
>When client authentificates, all goes fine, but when they try to reach their
>email, they have to write their login in form username at virtualdomain.com,
>because according to logs horde/imp strips the @virtualdomain.com and tries
>authentificate as if it was non-virtual user. For non-virtual users that
>don't use @domain suffix to their login it works fine.

Hi,

I use courier-imap with courier-auth and authmysql authentication module.

In authmysqlrc configuration file, I set DEFAULT DOMAIN to mydomain.com;
so, in the mysql passwd table, field "id" must contain identification of
the virtual users
in the form "user1 at mydomain.com, user2 at mydomain.com, ..." instead of
"user1, user2, ...",
so that IMP can authenticate users with username "user1" instead of
"user1 at mydomain.com"

If it can help you . . .

--
Lucien GENTIS