[imp] virtual domains

ccx ccx at volny.cz
Wed Feb 1 04:53:24 PST 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 17:46, Lucien GENTIS wrote:
> ccx a écrit :
> >I'm having problems with Imp and virtual domains.
> >I'm using imap on localhost (qmail, vpopmail, courier-imap) for horde
> > auth. When client authentificates, all goes fine, but when they try to
> > reach their email, they have to write their login in form
> > username at virtualdomain.com, because according to logs horde/imp strips
> > the @virtualdomain.com and tries authentificate as if it was non-virtual
> > user. For non-virtual users that don't use @domain suffix to their login
> > it works fine.
>
> Hi,
>
> I use courier-imap with courier-auth and authmysql authentication module.
>
> In authmysqlrc configuration file, I set DEFAULT DOMAIN to mydomain.com;
> so, in the mysql passwd table, field "id" must contain identification of
> the virtual users
> in the form "user1 at mydomain.com, user2 at mydomain.com, ..." instead of
> "user1, user2, ...",
> so that IMP can authenticate users with username "user1" instead of
> "user1 at mydomain.com"
>
> If it can help you . . .
>

> --
> Lucien GENTIS
> IUFM de Lorraine
> 5, Rue Paul Richard
> C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE
> 54528 LAXOU-CEDEX
>
> Tél. 03 83 17 68 41
> Email : lucien.gentis at lorraine.iufm.fr

Thanks for response, though it hoesn't help much.
I use vpopmail - authvchkpw authentification module, with conjunction with
pam.
I have few real users and two aliased domains, say foo.org and f.org, so
native users can use either user at foo.org user at f.org as a name for the one
mailbox they own. Additionaly there is few virtual domains. Users of these
domains are managed by vpopmail and are not real system accounts.

Native users can authenticate just with username, virtual with
username at domain. Just that horde/imp (I don't know which of these) strips the
username so it tries autentificate all users as native ones.