[imp] Unexplained session problems

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Tue Feb 7 13:09:45 PST 2006

Our users have been complaining that they are getting booted out of
their sessions without explanation.  They are well within the timeout
values set in php.ini.  I've tried it myself and sure enough even
just leaving imp open to the inbox, refreshing automatically every
few minutes, I get kicked off with a "Login Failed" message fairly
quickly.  Other users have reported getting booted to the login
screen on submitting an email as if the session had timed out but
they hadn't been logged in long enough to have had garbage collection

I get the following error:

Feb 07 14:01:30 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:143[imap] as someuser [on line 247 of "/var/www/horde/
imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

Has anyone else experienced this?