[imp] Direct Maildir Access

Greg Swift gsml at netops.gvtc.com
Mon Feb 13 13:42:07 PST 2006

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Greg Swift <gsml at netops.gvtc.com>:
>
>> On that same note, where would one start if they wanted to add this?  I
>> may not be able to code it entirely myself, but I'm a fairly decent php
>> programmer as well as sysadmin, but I have access to some coders, so
>> that if it was a reasonable task I would gladly pursue it.
>>
> It's something we've talked about on and off several times. What would
> need to happen is to write a mail-access abstraction library. You'd
> then replace all imap_* calls in IMP with calls to that library. The
> abstraction lib would include a driver for using imap_* calls, and
> then whatever other drivers people wanted to write. Direct mailbox
> access (in whatever format), etc.

*nod* thats what I was thinking, I was just hoping that it was already
obscured due to pop vs imap, but that was my ignorance about the
php-imap functions.  Well, this is on my list, its just a matter of
where i can get it on my coders lists.  The library in sqwebmail relies
upon the rest of sqwebmail to compile, and I am not a c/c++ programmer.

-greg