[imp] attached excel or powerpoint files get application/msword as mime type

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Feb 22 10:12:46 PST 2006

> Zitat von Yves Bilgeri <yves.bilgeri at bbw.ch>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using Horde3.0.4, IMP4.02 on a Debian/Sarge Server with
>> the official packages from Debian.
>>
>> My question is exactly the same as:
>>    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=110798353021570&w=2
>>
>> Because there isn't a real answer in the thread above, I kindly ask the
>> same again.
>
> There is.

To expand on Jan's answer a bit - if a mail message labels an
attachment as text/plain when in reality it is image/jpeg, it is not
IMP's fault for not being able to display the image.  Another example:
if you tell me your name is "john" but your name really is "mark",
when i call you "john" don't blame me for calling you by the wrong name.

The fault lies with the sending program for mislabeling the
content-type of the attachment.

michael