[imp] attached excel or powerpoint files get application/msword as mime type

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sat Feb 25 10:32:17 PST 2006

Quoting Yves Bilgeri <yves.bilgeri at bbw.ch>:

> On the one computer who doesn't attach the right MIME type, the Browser
> sendes in the POST data this "Content-Type: application/octet-stream"
> for the file.
>
> On a similar computer, also WinXP with Firefox, the Browser adds the
> correct content-type: Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel
>
> Now what's the difference between the two systems that they handle this
> different? What can I change on the system who does the MIME thing wrong?

Then whatever mime magic library you are using in Horde is not
correctly identifying the file.  Either disable that library and
choose the other library or (better yet) find out why the particular
mime magic solution is coming up with the wrong solution and provide
feedback to the dev's so they can fix the detection.

michael