[imp] Template question changing Reply link to graphic?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Feb 28 08:43:07 PST 2006

Quoting Barry Flanagan <barryf-lists at flanagan.ie>:

> Hi,
>
> Using Horde 3.2 and Imp 4.2, I want to change the message display so
> that Reply, Forward and Delete are presented as large button/graphics
> rather than being hidden as they are with all the rest of the lesser
> used commands.
>
> I can't make out how this can be achieved using just the template
> system, as the only thing in templates/message/navbar_actions.html
>      is:
>
>    | <tag:reply />
>

> ..which takes in the output of message.php:
>
>     $a_template->set('reply',
> Horde::widget(IMP::composeLink($reply_author, array('actionID' =>
> 'reply') + $compose_params), _("Reply"), 'widget', '', '', _("_Reply"),
> true));
>
> So, can this be done just by changing the template file, or do I have to
> edit the message.php itself, and if so, where can I find the syntax to
> Horde::widget

To change a template tag, you indeed must edit the definition of the
tag in message.php.  The syntax for Horde::widget() can be found here:
http://dev.horde.org/api/framework/Horde_Framework/Horde.html#methodwidget

You may want to use Horde::link() & Horde::img() instead to generate
your link.  API docs can be found here:
http://dev.horde.org/api/framework/Horde_Framework/Horde.html

michael