[imp] German Umlaut display failed

Muenz, Michael linux at leute.server.de
Fri Mar 31 00:49:27 PST 2006

> Hello.
>
> In the MARC-Mailinglist i've found someone with the same problem i've
right
> know. This question was asked three years ago and there was no unsefull
answer.
> So here i go again. :-D
> If i get a mail with umlaut or characters there're not displayed and
replaced
> with an question mark (?). If i go to reply this message alle umlaut are
> displayed right in the quoted lines. ???:-/
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> Thanks for some hints.

I had this problem with Horde 3.0 and IMP 4.0.4 too, after updating to
3.1 it works now. You should check you locales. For debian:
/etc/locale.gen:
de_DE ISO-8859-1
de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8

Another option could be commenting
        $GLOBALS['language'] = $lang;
     //   $_SESSION['horde_language'] = $lang;

in horde/lib/Horde/NLS.php

and in horde/config/nls.php

$nls['defaults']['language'] = 'de_DE';
$nls['defaults']['charset'] = 'ISO-8859-1';
And in the list below in the file set as first entry
$nls['languages']['de_DE'] = 'Deutsch';

I'm not familiar with NLS, but the changes helped me with H3.0
to get Umlauts displayed correctly.

Michael