[imp] Default Address Book to Search

S. Petty spetty01 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 18:08:01 PST 2006

Hello All,

I'm following up on some direction that Jan provided a couple of weeks
ago.  I created a shared address book for to store all of the e-mail
addresses of my employees.  Its populated, and each user is able to
view/read/add to it.  I'd like to make it the default address book for
searches when a new message is composed - that is, I'd like that to be
the address book that is searched in order to expand aliases in the
compose window.

As it stands right now, it's searching the standard "My Address Book,"
and not the shared address book "Employees."  If I manually go into
Options|Address Books|Choose the order of address books to search...
and add "Employees" then add fields to search, everything works fine.

I queried the group on the 20th to ask how to make this address book a
default for all users, and Jan said to "You don't have to use the
address book name, but its id, that's the  long hash you see in the url
when using that source."

I added a new user, added the address book and search fields, then went
into the horde.prefs table in mySQL and pulled out the hash to make sure
I had it right.

I've tried multiple iterations of the hash, localsql:the hash, the hash
in different places, etc. and nothing seems to be making it work.  Here
are the three current lines that I've been trying to modify:

$_prefs['sourceselect'] = array(
     'value'=> 'localsql:1a89188eccac15f4be58847c6ff09574',
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
		'type' => 'special');

$_prefs['search_sources'] = array(
     'value' => "localsql\t1a89188eccac15f4be58847c6ff09574",
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'implicit');

$_prefs['search_fields'] = array(
     'value' =>
"localsql\tname\temail\talias\n1a89188eccac15f4be58847c6ff09574\tname\temail\talias",
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'implicit');

Can anyone see a problem with what I've entered, or suggest a different
place that I should be placing the hash?  Are there multiple preferences
that the hash needs to be added to, and more specifically do I also have
to specify the exact fields within that address book for it to work?

Sean