[imp] Default Address Book to Search

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 31 06:57:21 PST 2006

Zitat von "S. Petty" <spetty01 at gmail.com>:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm following up on some direction that Jan provided a couple of weeks
> ago.  I created a shared address book for to store all of the e-mail
> addresses of my employees.  Its populated, and each user is able to
> view/read/add to it.  I'd like to make it the default address book for
> searches when a new message is composed - that is, I'd like that to be
> the address book that is searched in order to expand aliases in the
> compose window.
>
> As it stands right now, it's searching the standard "My Address Book,"
> and not the shared address book "Employees."  If I manually go into
> Options|Address Books|Choose the order of address books to search...
> and add "Employees" then add fields to search, everything works fine.
>
> I queried the group on the 20th to ask how to make this address book a
> default for all users, and Jan said to "You don't have to use the
> address book name, but its id, that's the  long hash you see in the url
> when using that source."
>
> I added a new user, added the address book and search fields, then went
> into the horde.prefs table in mySQL and pulled out the hash to make
> sure I had it right.
>
> I've tried multiple iterations of the hash, localsql:the hash, the hash
> in different places, etc. and nothing seems to be making it work.  Here
> are the three current lines that I've been trying to modify:
>
> $_prefs['sourceselect'] = array(
>     'value'=> 'localsql:1a89188eccac15f4be58847c6ff09574',
>     'locked' => false,
>     'shared' => false,
> 		'type' => 'special');
>
> $_prefs['search_sources'] = array(
>     'value' => "localsql\t1a89188eccac15f4be58847c6ff09574",
>     'locked' => false,
>     'shared' => false,
>     'type' => 'implicit');
>
> $_prefs['search_fields'] = array(
>     'value' =>
> "localsql\tname\temail\talias\n1a89188eccac15f4be58847c6ff09574\tname\temail\talias",
>     'locked' => false,
>     'shared' => false,
>     'type' => 'implicit');
>

> Can anyone see a problem with what I've entered, or suggest a different
> place that I should be placing the hash?  Are there multiple
> preferences that the hash needs to be added to, and more specifically
> do I also have to specify the exact fields within that address book for
> it to work?

Special prefs like sourceselect don't take a default value. But the
value you entered there is probably the correct one to to
search_sources and search_fields. The search_sources value should
probably look like:
"localsql\tlocalsql:1a89188eccac15f4be58847c6ff09574"

But why don't you simply copy the value from the preference table of
the user that set the sources manually successfully?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/