[imp] p.s.

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 18:59:40 PDT 2006

If it matters, my horde installation is in an apache virtual
directory.  I already know that this cause problems for horde.  This
code at the top of registry.php seems to be broken :

if (isset($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) {
    $webroot = preg_split(';/;', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 2, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY);
    $webroot = strstr(dirname(__FILE__), '/' . array_shift($webroot));
    if ($webroot !== false) {
        $webroot = preg_replace(';/config$;', '', $webroot);
    } elseif ($webroot === false) {
        $webroot = '';
    } else {
        $webroot = '/horde';
    }
} else {
    $webroot = '/horde';
}

In my installation I map /horde/ into my web root thusly with apache :

        Alias /horde/ "/home/www/secure.neap.net/vdirs/horde-3.1.1/"

And the above code seemed to be translating my URL to :

http://www.example.com/horde-3.1.1/

under some circumstances.  So I just followed the above code segment
by hardcoding it thusly :

$webroot = '/horde';

And that seemed to do the trick.  Also, just in case, I made a symlink
"horde" to the "horde-3.1.1" directory.

Not sure if this could be part of my problem or not, but as mentioned
I already know that my virtual mapping has caused problems.

--
"True Budo is done for the sake of building peace. Train every day so as to make
peace between this spirit and all things manifested on the face of the Earth"