[imp] Horde: 3.1.1 runs slow on Centos 4.2

Tony Arcus tony at mail.ai.net.nz
Sun Apr 9 13:51:57 PDT 2006

Just installed as below and when I logon on Horde it takes about 5
minutes to come up with the first page or get to IMP.
It runs slow but it does run.
When I revert back to my old installation of Horde
Horde: 3.0.9
Imp: H3 (4.0.4)

everything runs nice and fast again.

Horde Version

    * Horde: 3.1.1

Horde Applications

    * Agora: 0.1-cvs
    * Ansel: 0.1-cvs (run Ansel tests)
    * Chora: H3 (2.0.1)
    * Gollem: H3 (1.0.2) (run Gollem tests)
    * Hermes: 0.1-cvs
    * Horde: 3.1.1
    * Imp: H3 (4.1) (run Imp tests)
    * Ingo: H3 (1.1) (run Ingo tests)
    * Jonah: 0.1-cvs (run Jonah tests)
    * Kronolith: H3 (2.1)
    * Mimp: H3 (1.0-RC1) (run Mimp tests)
    * Mnemo: H3 (2.1)
    * Nag: H3 (2.1)
    * Nic: 0.1-cvs (run Nic tests)
    * Passwd: H3 (3.0) (run Passwd tests)
    * Rakim: 0.1-cvs
    * Sam: 0.1-cvs
    * Swoosh: 0.1-cvs
    * Turba: H3 (2.1) (run Turba tests)
    * Wicked: 0.1-cvs (run Wicked tests)

PHP Version

    * View phpinfo() screen
    * View loaded extensions
    * PHP Version: 4.3.9
    * PHP Major Version: 4.3
    * PHP Minor Version: 9
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

    * Ctype Support: Yes
    * DOM XML Support: Yes
    * FTP Support: Yes
    * GD Support: Yes
    * Gettext Support: Yes
    * Iconv Support: Yes
    * IMAP Support: Yes
    * LDAP Support: Yes
    * Mbstring Support: Yes
    * Mcrypt Support: No
      Mcrypt is a general-purpose cryptography library which is broader
and significantly more efficient (FASTER!) than PHP's own cryptographic
code and will provider faster logins.
    * MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No
      The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see
below) will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the
built-in Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information
on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
    * memcached Support (memcache): No
      The memcache PECL module is needed only if you are using the
memcached SessionHandler. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how
to install PECL/PHP extensions.
    * MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): Yes
    * MySQL Support: Yes
    * OpenSSL Support: Yes
    * PostgreSQL Support: No
    * Session Support: Yes
    * XML Support: Yes
    * Zlib Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

    * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
    * memory_limit disabled: No
      If PHP's internal memory limit is turned on and if not set high
enough Horde will not be able to handle large data items (e.g. large
mail attachments in IMP). If possible, you should disable the PHP
memory limit by recompiling PHP without the "--enable-memory-limit"
flag. If this is not possible, then you should set the value of
memory_limit in php.ini to a sufficiently high value (Current value of
memory_limit: 128M).
    * safe_mode disabled: Yes
    * session.use_trans_sid disabled: Yes
    * session.auto_start disabled: Yes

File Uploads

    * file_uploads enabled: Yes
    * upload_max_filesize: 12M
    * post_max_size: 32M

Required Horde Configuration Files

    * config/conf.php: Yes
    * config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
    * config/nls.php: Yes
    * config/prefs.php: Yes
    * config/registry.php: Yes

PHP Sessions

    * Session counter: 11
    * To unregister the session: click here

PEAR

    * PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/var/www/html/horde/lib:.:/usr/share/pear
    * PEAR: Yes
    * Recent PEAR: Yes
    * Mail: Yes
    * Mail_Mime: Yes