[imp] Will IMAP be supported again?

Chris H. fbsd at 1command.com
Wed Apr 26 14:07:12 PDT 2006

Hello, and thank you for your response.

Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting "Chris H." <fbsd at 1command.com>:
>
>> quite a few problems. I should preface this by indicating that
>> I checked imp/config/servers.php prior to any attempts to login
>> to the mail server, and insured that all settings were correct
>> (same as in last (v.3.09) working settings). I cannot login
>> to imp under any circumstances. I am using imap-uw as provided
>> with FreeBSD-5.4. The maillog provides this with imaps attempts:
>> Command stream end of file, while reading line user=???
>> host=localhost.domain.tld [127.0.0.1]
>
> Since imp/config/servers.php has changed, and imap-uw support has
> changed, it would be useful if you posted either your servers.php
> file or at least summarized your settings (ssl, tls, port, etc).

The only change that was made in this regard was the addition of
"namespace" all other information remains as was.
I used my previous settings from v.3.09:
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
and/ or:
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl',
    'port' => 993,
    'maildomain' => 'domain.tld',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',

These settings *should* have worked for/ and with my imap-us imapsd
and with the cert generated by imap-uw who's location was correctly
entered into the IMP settings.

>> So it would appear that horde/ imp is not passing the user/ pass
>> correctly (at all?) to the IMAP server.
>
> Appears so.
>
>> Has horde dropped support for
>> IMAP?
>
> Of course not.
>
>  I have spent about a week working on this and the only reference
>> I was able to find, was in the FAQ that comes with my copy of imap-uw.
>> It implicates Horde as bing the culprit:
>
> No, it doesn't do that per se.  It could be any number of things
> that you did wrong, or other problems like networking, certificates, etc.

Networking/ certificates, etc.. have not changed. How would this
*suddenly* become culprit?

>> Is this true? Do Is 3.11 not yet fully (IMAP) functional yet? Has anyone
>> had this trouble? Is there a cure, or is 3.09 a better choice?
>
> All versions of Horde/IMP support IMAP.  Note that uw-imap support
> changed, but this should only affect your folder settings (though it
> could cause problems if for example the folder settings are wrong,
> it is trying to search your entire hard drive for your folders, and
> hence takes so long the connection times out...).
>
>> Thank you for all your time and consideration.
>
> You really need to provide more details if you want any additional
> help.

See above. :)

Thank you again for your response.

--Chris H.