[imp] Will IMAP be supported again?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 26 11:29:30 PDT 2006

Quoting "Chris H." <fbsd at 1command.com>:

> quite a few problems. I should preface this by indicating that
> I checked imp/config/servers.php prior to any attempts to login
> to the mail server, and insured that all settings were correct
> (same as in last (v.3.09) working settings). I cannot login
> to imp under any circumstances. I am using imap-uw as provided
> with FreeBSD-5.4. The maillog provides this with imaps attempts:
> Command stream end of file, while reading line user=???
> host=localhost.domain.tld [127.0.0.1]

Since imp/config/servers.php has changed, and imap-uw support has
changed, it would be useful if you posted either your servers.php
file or at least summarized your settings (ssl, tls, port, etc).

> So it would appear that horde/ imp is not passing the user/ pass
> correctly (at all?) to the IMAP server.

Appears so.

> Has horde dropped support for
> IMAP?

Of course not.

  I have spent about a week working on this and the only reference
> I was able to find, was in the FAQ that comes with my copy of imap-uw.
> It implicates Horde as bing the culprit:

No, it doesn't do that per se.  It could be any number of things
that you did wrong, or other problems like networking, certificates, etc.

> Is this true? Do Is 3.11 not yet fully (IMAP) functional yet? Has anyone
> had this trouble? Is there a cure, or is 3.09 a better choice?

All versions of Horde/IMP support IMAP.  Note that uw-imap support
changed, but this should only affect your folder settings (though it
could cause problems if for example the folder settings are wrong,
it is trying to search your entire hard drive for your folders, and
hence takes so long the connection times out...).

> Thank you for all your time and consideration.

You really need to provide more details if you want any additional
help.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics