[imp] Will IMAP be supported again? [RESOLVED]

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Thu Apr 27 08:37:39 PDT 2006

For capacity reasons we switched from uw-imap to Cyrus some time ago.
At first we were worried that we would have to create all of the
accounts manually but this was not the case.  There is an autocreate
setting in Cyrus to include default quota, etc.

We then found a script for porting all of the imap contents from one
server to another allowing us to just copy all of the original email.
It wasn't trivial but it was to complex either.

We switched because we have many mailboxes that are 1gb plus.
Unfortunately our line of business requires this space and more.
Because uw-imap is a single file per mailbox/folder we found significant
performance issues on these boxes (1mm+ load times weather using imp or
another imap client).  We have a 7gb email account that works just like
all of our 20mb email accounts under horde.

Gary

On