[imp] IMAP recommendations anyone?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 27 09:21:34 PDT 2006

Quoting "Chris H." <fbsd at 1command.com>:

>> Could be for a variety of reasons...
>
> Not in my case.

I love your confidence... ;)

>>> So, as I am quite sure it is IMAP server related:
>>
>> How are you sure of that?
>
> I will be.

Okay.  I'd check turba first, and if you are using sql session handling
I'd try that also.  Those are just a couple of minutes to test, rather
than the hours needed to test an imap server.

>> I use the latest CVS RELENG code with UW-IMAP with no performance problems.
>
> With what sort of load?

You said, if I read it right, that this happens with a single user, so
load is not relavent, unless I misread your posting, or confused you
with another poster...

>> Personally I'm waiting for dovecot 1.0
>
> I already have 1.0. Which is what I will be testing/ installing.

Hasn't been released yet, so you can't have it...

> Isn't that exactly what you are doing in this email?!

I think I'm fighting a lost cause is what I'm doing.  Every time I ask
you a question the only answer seems to be "why are you asking that?".

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!