[imp] IMAP recommendations anyone?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 27 10:59:33 PDT 2006

Quoting "Chris H." <fbsd at 1command.com>:

> I'm still going to install Dovecot. I need a more modern, more
> administrator friendly, less a hack IMAP server. :)

I'm not saying you shouldn't (I've even plugged it, as well as warned
about it, in my previous posts).

All I'm saying is that if the problem is with your turba config, or
with your session config, or something like that, then changing
the IMAP server software will not help any.  And since debugging
if it is turba or sessions takes literally just a minute or two
with little effort, that is where I would start rather than something
as large scale as changing IMAP servers (which will take at least
15 minutes, probably _lots_ more).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics