[imp] Will IMAP be supported again? [RESOLVED]

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Thu Apr 27 20:08:06 PDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006, Eric Jon Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>:
>
> >I've found that some places in the IMP codebase still seem to want
> >to walk the entire "folder" space from UW-IMAP even though the "hack"
> >for namespaces is in place.
>
> What "hack" is in place?  And can you identify what "places in the IMP
> codebase" do this?  Or at least what version of IMP and UW-IMAP this is
> with?

Yup!

--
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the IMP Webmail
Client version H3 (4.1).

The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the Horde
Application Framework version 3.1.
--

I know that a newer version has been released but I haven't yet had time
to upgrade. The above are the 'release' versions, not CVS snapshots.

The two changes I made were to chorde/imp/lib/IMP.php (1.449.4.58) and
imp/search.php (2.128.2.19). I found that code which generated the folder
list in the left hand menu used a different folder-reading API than
the generation of the drop-down menu (IMP::flistSelect()) and the search
folder list (search.php does this itself.)

Since I'm pressured for time I replaced both calls to IMP_Folder::flist_IMP()
to IMP_Tree::folderList(). This both renders the folder lists correctly (without
going through the whole homedir worth of files, ta UW-IMAP) and generates
the right "LIST" command to the IMAP server (ie it ends up issuing LIST "" *
when it renders the search page and the mail folder contents list page.)

Again, this might be fixed in the latest release. I hope it is :)

Adrian