[imp] Will IMAP be supported again? [RESOLVED]

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 27 07:54:42 PDT 2006

Quoting Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>:

> I've found that some places in the IMP codebase still seem to want
> to walk the entire "folder" space from UW-IMAP even though the "hack"
> for namespaces is in place.

What "hack" is in place?  And can you identify what "places in the IMP
codebase" do this?  Or at least what version of IMP and UW-IMAP this is
with?

> This results in logins seeming to take
> forever since IMP was walking the whole homedirectory.

MY logins are fast.  Never seen any such problem related to UW-IMAP.
But maybe I have a different "hack" in place, or even just a different
version of UW-IMAP running?

> I've found and squished a couple of these in my local IMP  tree
> but I haven't had time to upgrade to the latest code in the IMP
> branch. Hopefully I'll find the one place which still tries to read the
> whole homedirectory through UW-IMAP somehow and squish that. :)

Might be easier to upgrade to the latest codebase and see if someone
else has already fixed the problems.  I must admit, I run the CVS
RELENG, so I've always got the latest fixes, but I've been running it
for a long time through the last several releases, and never noticed
any problems like you mention.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics