[imp] identities

lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Thu May 4 04:19:16 PDT 2006

Zitat von Fabrice Grelaud <f.grelaud at drimm.u-bordeaux1.fr>:

> Hello,
>
> In the archive, i found my question but it was not possible at the time:
>
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20030519/032870.html
>
> The need:
> 1. A regular user should have only one identity, and should not be
> able to change "from address", "full name" and "respond to".
> => OK with lock function in prefs
>
> 2. The horde administrator should be able to give some (but not all)
> users a second identity (which would represent a department in my
> organization). These users should be able to send mail identified as
> themselves or representing the department. These users should not
> able to change the second (departamental) identity. (We could think
> of it as the user impersonating the department)
> => Is it always impossible ? or it exists alternatives ?
>
> Thanks
> Fabrice

This is basically the same requirement we have. See thread on the
mailinglist :
http://search.gmane.org/search.php?group=gmane.comp.horde.imp&query=Prepopulated+value+for+%22from_addr%22

Can you check if we are trying to solve the same problem. Maybe i can
get some holiday worker to code PHP so we can provide a solution at the
list.

Regards

Andreas