[imp] identities

Grelaud Fabrice f.grelaud at drimm.u-bordeaux1.fr
Sat May 6 11:06:37 PDT 2006

Quoting "Chris H." <fbsd at 1command.com>:

> Quoting Fabrice Grelaud <f.grelaud at drimm.u-bordeaux1.fr>:
>
>> lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de wrote:

>>> That's where i like to use some PHP-coder in the holidays to get a
>>> enum field in the prefs, preferable for populating it from all the
>>> configurable backends.
>>> This way the user can choose only the sender addresses which are
>>> defined as aliases for the mailaccount in question.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>>

>> Do you have some php-coders at disposal ? Cause, me, i'm rather
>> newbie in php.
>> For my environment (university), it will be great to differentiate
>> identities's options between "personnel" (multiple identity) and
>> "student" (only one identity, locked) except particular case as my
>> problem today. Some prefs by group, maybe...
>

> Am I missing something here? If using sendmail on a NIX box, you can
> assign aliases for any individual you wish. I have found that IMP
> (with an IMAP server) correctly expands the available aliases for
> the user. Thereby only permitting the choice of*valid* aliases for
> for the sender.
> Is this not your desired goal?
>
> --Chris H.
>

>> Thanks
>> Fabrice
>>
>> --
>> Fabrice GRELAUD
>> 05 40 00 - 65 92
>> Direction des Ressources Informatiques et Multimedia Mutualisees
>>
>> --

> Shameless self-promotion follows...
> ... or does it?

> FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p12 (SMP - 900x2) Tue Mar 7 19:37:23 PST 2006

If it was an alias ? My user have his own student's box, i could attach
an alias
at this box. Sure... but not in my case where I can't attach a functionnal
address like secretariat at domain.tld to a person, i 've to use a functionnal
box, independent. And now I would like my student compose message in imp with
this address. My problem, default_identity, from_address are locked for
students.

That's it...