[imp] identities

Chris H. fbsd at 1command.com
Fri May 5 23:56:03 PDT 2006

Quoting Fabrice Grelaud <f.grelaud at drimm.u-bordeaux1.fr>:

> lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de wrote:
>> Zitat von Fabrice Grelaud <f.grelaud at drimm.u-bordeaux1.fr>:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It seems same thing...
>>> I've locked default-identity for only one identity by users.
>>> However, i need for a particular user another field "from_addr" when he
>>> composes message.
>>>
>>> What about the answer to your post from Jan ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Fabrice
>>

>> That's where i like to use some PHP-coder in the holidays to get a
>> enum field in the prefs, preferable for populating it from all the
>> configurable backends.
>> This way the user can choose only the sender addresses which are
>> defined as aliases for the mailaccount in question.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> Do you have some php-coders at disposal ? Cause, me, i'm rather
> newbie in php.
> For my environment (university), it will be great to differentiate
> identities's options between "personnel" (multiple identity) and
> "student" (only one identity, locked) except particular case as my
> problem today. Some prefs by group, maybe...

Am I missing something here? If using sendmail on a NIX box, you can
assign aliases for any individual you wish. I have found that IMP
(with an IMAP server) correctly expands the available aliases for
the user. Thereby only permitting the choice of*valid* aliases for
for the sender.
Is this not your desired goal?

--Chris H.