[imp] identities

Stuart Morrison sjm at sjmorrison.net
Wed May 10 12:43:32 PDT 2006

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Stuart Morrison <sjm at sjmorrison.net>:
>
>> I have not used permissions to set preferences for different groups.  I
>> comment out the preferences I do not want used.  I can then uncomment
>> and set them for individual users - you can probably do the same using
>> permissions - which would allow the adding of additional from addresses
>> (I do not have much experience using LDAP with Horde+IMP though).
>

> This will most likely break your applications. Prefs must not be
> commented out, but either locked or removed from the prefGroups if
> you  don't want your users to change them.
>
> Jan.

I will lock or remove them next time I do an overhaul and update
everything.  Never noticed anything and had no complaints from
(relatively few) users.  When I was setting it up I seem to remember I
had to do the commenting out quite carefully because things did tend to
break.

Thanks

Stuart Morrison