[imp] identities

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu May 18 02:59:09 PDT 2006

On 18.05.06 02:01, Chris H. wrote:
> I thought I already responded to this. But perhaps not. In any event. In the
> situation I was describing, with an IMAP+sendnmail combination, this works
> as described. As the user(s) have local account(s) and authenticating
> against
> IMAP+sendmail causes the contents of the file to be parsed and the aliases
> contained therein to be expanded and available in the dropdown list in IMP.
> This isn't specifically a FreeBSD-ism either. Though I have no doubt that
> nothing remotely similar exists on Windows.
> Anyway, I just hoped to clarify my earlier response.

You still haven't answered my first question  :)

Does that mean that IMP parses ~/.mail_aliases in user's home directory to
create drop-down menu? Or is it some other horde application (addressbook?)
who does this?

I strongly doubt it's IMAP server, I don't know about any way how could IMAP
server tell user what aliases are available (it's not imap server's job)

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh".