[imp] IMP+Horde seems to hang seriously due to a bug

GRP Productions grpprod at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 23:31:36 PDT 2006

Hi all,
I have just installed a fresh horde+IMP (latest stable versions). The
procedure is followed properly, and at first sight the installation seems
fine. However a serious problem has risen after a while.

When using a DB authentication scheme, or IMAP authentication scheme (to
server eg. imap1) it all works. However, after configuring IMP to handle
authentication, and try to connect to imap1 via IMAP/ssl/novalidate-cert
(993), the following happens:

In SOME mailboxes login hangs. During the hang, CPU load on the webserver
rises more than 60%. This actually hangs the webserver (needs a restart).
BUT, in some mailboxes it works. The mailboxes are not used by anyone else
at that time.

I am pretty confident the installation and everything else is correct (I've
done it so many times). So it seems to me like a bug. I also have to mention
that I am also using in parallel an old IMP 3.1 connecting to the same IMAP
server, and it works like a charm. I have tried the whole thing using
different Apache+PHP installations (2.2 + 5.1.4) or (1.3.36 + 4.42) with no
luck. MySQL 5.0.21 is used.

Thank you, I will appreciate any help/response.