[imp] imp memory requirement when large image is attached

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu May 25 03:26:04 PDT 2006

On 24.05.06 11:18, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Most likely it is because IMP needs to load the image into memory
> because it needs to determine if a thumbnail can be generated.  The
> only way to prevent this would be to disable thumbnail generation, and

That is quite possible. Doesn't IMP use the 'gd' library to generate
thumbnails? or it is gd who east all that mem?

> I believe there is already an enhancement ticket on bugs.horde.org.

You probably mean this one: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=3808
I am not so sure that's it - this is about displaying thumbnails instead of
linging them, and as long as they are not displayed, they probably don't get
processed. Or am I wrong and should I fill new report, or add comment to
this one?

Thank you.