[imp] What to do about the root of our certificate chain?

Cliff Green green at umdnj.edu
Thu May 25 13:42:10 PDT 2006

On 05/24/2006, Michael M Slusarz wrote about Re: [imp] What to do
about the root of our certificate chain?:

> Quoting Cliff Green <green at umdnj.edu>:
[snip]
>> The OpenSSL libraries compiled into your PHP are doing that work,
>> after your c-client library does the imap connection.
>
> Actually, I think it would be more correct to say the OpenSSL
> libraries compiled into your *c-client* is doing the work.  I don't
> think the OpenSSL code compiled into PHP is checking the IMAP certs
> with the local certificate store - I think this is being done by
> c-client only.  But I could be wrong about this.
>
> michael

Yeah, that sounds right.  (wouldn't that mean it's the OpenSSL
compiled into c-client, which in turn is compiled into....  aaah,
fuggedabouddit...)

Cliff Green
Business Systems & Technologies/UMDNJ
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
-- Frank Zappa