[imp] Mail sorting

Tom Sahrendt zeitenflug at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 14:05:38 PDT 2006

Hi there,

I installed Horde 3.1.1 and IMP 4.1.1 on a SuSE
9.1 system, running Apache 2.2.0/PHP 5.1.1. I
told Horde to use mySQL 5.0.18. I can log into
Horde and I can log into IMP. Authentification
via my IMAP server (localhost) runs smoothlessly.
However, I can't use IMP properly.

I have 180 e-mails in my inbox. The initial sort
order seems to be by ID. I only see two new
e-mails. When I click twice on Date I see the
first ten new e-mails. But when I try to change
to page 2, sort order is again by ID. No matter
what I try, I can only see the first ten new
e-mails. I browsed the mail archive and there
were several people already talking about this
problem, but so far no solution seems to have
been posted.

I mean, this can't be true? Surely there is a way
within IMP that makes it possible to handle more
than ten new e-mails. Could anyone point me
towards a solution or a passage in the manual I
may have overlooked?

Also, I can't find the option that makes it
possible for my users to edit their outgoing
adresses and to handle multiple identities. How
is it called?

Thanks.

cu,
Tom